Share This Post!
Have you ever wondered what daily senior living at a place like eliseo actually looks like? Maybe your mind has conjured up images of group fitness classes, day trips to nearby attractions, and other leisurely activities that seniors like to enjoy. You’re not far off. Most Life Plan Communities offer a robust calendar of programs and activities, along with an array of fun and free amenities available right on-site. There’s a good reason for that.
It’s been shown that seniors who regularly exercise and explore their curiosities to keep their minds sharp enjoy lots of invaluable benefits, including reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and even some cancers. The benefits of exercise and an active lifestyle simply cannot be understated. In fact, they are more important for seniors than for younger adults.
- Improving Mental Health: The risks for depression and isolation increase as people age. The good news is that even a light regimen of regular exercise can reduce those risks, while also maintaining mental acuity and possibly holding off the effects of cognitive impairments like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Preventing Injury: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, seniors who spend between 120 and 300 minutes of light-to-moderate aerobic activity on a weekly basis lowered their risk of hip fracture. For older adults, hip fractures can sometimes signal the beginning of a host of other health issues.
- Enjoying Better Sleep: When we exercise more, we sleep better thanks to the fluctuations of body temperature during and after our workouts. For seniors, good sleep is especially important, as it results in a rejuvenated body the next day and a refreshing feeling of boosted energy.
- Promoting Better Bone Health: Getting older makes it more important than ever to maintain strong, healthy bones. Activities and exercises that focus on weight training and muscle development can help reduce the risk of osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Easing Arthritis: There are also low-impact exercises that are specifically designed to help active seniors control their arthritis pain so they can perform physical tasks more easily.
- Enhancing Overall Quality of Life: When you feel better, you feel more confident to stay physically active even as you age.
At eliseo, our amenities are all designed to help you feel as good as you ever have, while also providing a fun opportunity to socialize and experience new pursuits. Other communities simply cannot compare to the vibrant lifestyle or the exuberant residents that you’ll find right here at eliseo.
Here, you can thrive while enjoying an unparalleled sense of belonging and fellowship with your friends and neighbors. Ours is a friendly, welcoming culture of exemplary service, carefree living, and complete peace of mind knowing that you have a secure plan in place for your future. For a better picture of all that eliseo has to offer, keep reading to learn more about some of our incredible amenities. And now with our dynamic expansion, things around here will only be getting better for years to come.
The Emerson Wellness & Clark Aquatic Center
In this innovative, award-winning fitness facility, you can discover a wide variety of world-class workout equipment, suitable for all levels, as well as a full schedule of fun classes to keep your body moving and your mind sharp. Along with the gym and aerobic studio, there’s also a refreshing saltwater swimming pool and a relaxing spa so you can make every day feel like a vacation.
Garden & Art Centers
At Edwards Plaza, you can find plenty of places to reflect and share stories, including the Arneklev Garden with its numerous concrete garden beds. This outdoor garden is designed to meet everyone’s gardening needs and abilities, no matter how green your thumb may be. The Chihuly Family Art Center is another space where you and other residents can get creative with a fully equipped woodworking shop and a textile, ceramic, and painting studio.
When you live here, you can enjoy the luxury of going out to eat without ever leaving our campus. A full-time executive chef and a world-class kitchen serve a wide variety of delicious dishes every day. Selections include everything from Chef Stage Center Meals, where food is skillfully prepared and served sizzling hot from the skillet, to the delectable sweet treats. The Harbor Cafe is a gourmet dining venue that’s open to staff, residents, and visitors, and offers daily specials on soups and sandwiches.
Spending quality time with family is more important now than ever before. That’s why we’re happy to provide a comfortable guest suite for family visits and those who need to be near their loved one in the Health Care Center. Located in our apartment building, this cozy space offers a large bed and kitchenette at an incredibly reasonable rate. Reservations are required.
Upcoming Expansion Amenities
In addition to everything already available in our community, an ongoing expansion will bring 91 new independent residences to our beautiful campus. To make life here even more exciting for those new residents, along with everyone else who calls eliseo home, we’ll be adding inviting common areas and even more desirable amenities, while also expanding our full calendar of social, cultural, educational and volunteer opportunities to promote lifelong learning and an engaged community.
Amenities like these are just some of the things you’ll discover and love when you make the move to a Life Plan Community like eliseo If this sounds like the kind of place you could picture yourself calling home, then let’s start a conversation. Contact us today by calling 253-319-3947, or schedule an appointment to visit our campus in Tacoma, WA.